- Lives and planning to start a business in Imperial, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, and San Diego counties
- Ready to launch a business within 0-3 months of completing the AAES –OR- Currently engaging in business activities and looking to formalize their business to take it to the next level
- Has a viable business idea
- Ideally, has experience in the industry
- Able to commit to the schedule of classes
- Preference will be given to those interested in the loan incentive (see below)
- Preference will be given to low-to-moderate-income individuals*
*Not a requirement
Schedule – Spring 2023
See the class schedule here.
The program is broken down as follows:
- 9 class sessions to be held once a week virtually on Tuesdays from 5:30pm to 8pm
- Two 1-hour one-on-one business counseling sessions
- In-person Business Presentation
- 1 graduation!
- In order to graduate and receive a Certificate of Completion from this training program, attendance is required at all sessions, including one-on-one counseling appointments. Refer to the course schedule for dates and times. If you cannot commit to attending all sessions on the schedule, we recommend that you apply for the next scheduled training program.
- You must complete all in-class activities and homework assignments.
- Bring your workbook to each class session.
- Be respectful of your classmates’ questions and ideas. This course is an opportunity to share ideas, ask for feedback on your business project and learn from each other’s experiences.
- Participate in the group activities and demonstrate your commitment to starting your business.
- Be on time! Tardiness is distracting to the class and will not be accepted.
As a small business lender, Accessity recognizes the importance of access to capital to make any start-up business a successful venture. The most innovative feature of this training program is the opportunity for you to access the capital necessary to launch your business upon completion of the program. The maximum loan amount is $5,000 and is an optional feature of the program.
Participants who are interested will be evaluated on:
1) the viability of the business model* and loan size and
2) their personal character which includes, but is not exclusive to, class interaction, progress, and commitment to completing required assignments.
If any participants are interested in larger loan amounts, you may apply for an Accessity loan through our regular application process.
Here is some information about the Accessity loan program:
- Loans for both start-up and established businesses
- Flexible credit requirements
- Terms up to 84 months and no prepayment penalties
- The interest rate for the Academy loan is 14.99%. Students are also welcome to apply through our regular program. Accessity’s regular program interest rates range from 6.99% – 14.99%, depending on the overall business strengths situation and risk analysis. A 1% discount is available to veterans and active service members.
*Accessity highly encourages business models that will immediately generate revenue upon launch versus speculative business models (e.g. inventor, real estate investor, etc.).
**Accessity retains full discretion of final approval of loan and loan size.
There is a $20 commitment fee due on the second week of the program. This fee is refundable upon successful completion of the program or can be put toward loan closing costs if pursuing an Accessity loan. If the program is not completed, the fee is non-refundable.